Dr. Serrato has first-hand experience with witnessing the benefits of a comprehensive evaluation and integrative approaches to treatment of mental and physical health concerns in this age group.
While treatment with medications has a role in the management of severe symptoms of anxiety, depression, and other mood and thought disorders, integrative approaches may relieve mild to moderate symptoms.
A thorough evaluation allows for the diagnosis of more severe mental health concerns which may best be managed through treatment with medications and ongoing psychiatric care.
Dr. Serrato has experience treating university students and the emerging adult population since 2003. She has found that the identification and treatment of underlying medical problems and nutrient deficiencies, improvement of a person’s lifestyle, and psychoeducation on how to improve one’s self-care, can significantly alleviate symptoms and enhance a person’s functioning during this critical time of development and pursuit of life goals.
Dr. Serrato’s Role
In this service, Dr. Serrato functions as a consultant to a person’s current mental health and general health treatment.
While clients may choose to follow-up with Dr. Serrato for ongoing consultation appointments, clients of this service are expected to maintain their primary prescription and health management through a psychiatric provider and/or a primary care clinician, as Dr. Serrato does not serve as a primary medical provider or provide prescriptions through this consultation service.
What you can expect from Dr. Serrato
- A thorough evaluation of your symptoms, including a review of your history and how this relates to your mental health symptoms.
- Collaboration with other conventional and holistic practitioners to ensure thorough assessment and appropriate treatment options.
- Safe, effective, and evidence-based individualized treatment recommendations.
- Educational resources to help you optimize your mental and physical health.
- Ongoing direct communication with Dr. Serrato as needed.
- A sense of commitment from Dr. Serrato to help you in your journey.